Preventive measures taken as a consequence of the Coronavirus
RCD Espanyol de Barcelona held this morning the first meeting of the internal Crisis Committee constituted since yesterday following the announcement of the cancellation of the next two league games without public in the stands. This committee aims to monitor developments in the coming weeks and take appropriate action.
In this sense, first of all, the club will strictly comply with the instructions issued by the competent public bodies in Health, Government, Government of the Generalitat, Federations and LaLiga.
RCD Espanyol de Barcelona wishes to call for prudence and the support of all those measures taken for the benefit of public health and, in this sense, considers it necessary to deepen preventive measures, however extreme they may seem, that guarantee the security to the entire population.
The Crisis Committee has determined a series of preventive measures that will be in force, for the time being, until the end of the month according to the sanitary indications received.
- Adopt the necessary internal and external measures in accordance with the sanitary advice received, as well as basic rules of hygienic precaution to avoid contagion among all the employees of the entity.
- Avoid public appearances of members of sports teams avoiding the risk of contagion both for athletes and their interlocutors.
- Sports activities at the Dani Jarque Training facilities are restricted to professional male and female teams, as well as Espanyol B squads and youth teams that compete in national competitions. The rest of the activities are suspended indefinitely until further notice, as per the obligatory instructions released by the Authorities.
- Closing, starting tomorrow, of the Dani Jarque training facility store. Bar service is also suspended at the facility.
- The holding of the RCDE Tour Stadium is suspended, therefore avoiding crowds in closed spaces.
The club's Crisis Committee will meet again tomorrow to continue evaluating the scenarios and adopt the necessary additional measures, especially those related to the next game that will be held without public on Sunday at 12h against Alavés.
Official Statement Coronavirus Number 1