50 years of RCD Espanyol Femení
8 de march de 2021
During the month of March, RCD Espanyol has a double celebration. The women’s team “RCD Espanyol Femení” celebrates its 50
th anniversary on 21 March; a very important event for the RCD Espanyol family, which adds to the 120-year history of the club, and jointly shows the strength of this sentiment that is passed on from generation to generation.
To commemorate this event, we are promoting a series of actions that recall and pay tribute to the pioneers in this section.
1. We have created a commemorative logo that the players in the first team will wear on different items until the end of the season. This logo presents a simple and elegant line in which three concepts are identified and joined together: RCD Espanyol Femení, the number of the anniversary for the section and the badge.
- The initials RCDE: Real Club Deportivo Espanyol, and Femení, which specifies the section, and jointly reaffirm the name of the institution and a historic section which are committed to football and women’s sport since the beginning of the 1970s.
- The number 50 which stands for the 50
th anniversary of the section that we will proudly celebrate on 21 March; a date on which our women’s section played an official quadrangular tournament in Sarrià. This was the First Quadrangular Tournament for Women’s Football - Gran Trofeo Pernod (Great Pernod Trophy).
- The badge shows the number 50 with a crown on top.
2. On 21 March, the official date of the 50th anniversary, the Club will show the mini documentary titled ‘50 años en Femenino’ (50 Years of RCD Espanyol Femení), produced by the Foundation. The documentary looks back on the experiences of some of the most iconic players who made up part of an exemplary and pioneering team at a regional level.
3. On matchday 30 of La Liga SmartBank, to be played at home in the RCDE Stadium, the players of the first team will unfold a commemorative banner to pay tribute to the 50 years of RCD Espanyol Femení for the photo of the starting eleven.
4. On matchday 24 of the women’s Primera Iberdrola division, to be played at home at the Cuitat Esportiva Dani Jarque, the first team players will be wearing the new 50
th anniversary logo on their shirts for the first time, and will continue to do so until the end of the season. This match will be played on the same weekend that the pioneers won the final of the quadrangular tournament to take the ‘Copa Pernod’ (Pernod Cup).
5. From the 15 March, the RCDE Stores will launch a special commemorative line with official merchandising for the 50
th anniversary of RCD Espanyol Femení.
A unique event for a unique section. Congratulations pioneers!